Businesses

Elk Point Businesses

The first businesses in the district were set up near Hopkins Ferry to service the needs of new arrivals. In about 1908 with the setting up of a post office the focus moved to the present crossroads of highway 41 and the main east west road. There it stayed until 1927 when the coming of the railroad meant that most business shifted to the current main street to be near the CNR station.

Johnson's store (site of the current Tempo)

North side of main street 1922 (present Steve Andrishak Museum)

South side of main street 1922 (now from Domo East)