Ukrainian Catholic Parish 1977
UKRAINIAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, ELK POINT, ALBERTA
by Peter Boyko and Kost Pawlyk
For the Ukrainian Catholic Church, established in 1939, 1977 was an active year. Church services were held twelve times, every second Sunday of each month with Rev. J. Cherkowski officiating.
A home bake sale was held on March 13, and a turkey supper on October 13.
Numerous marriages and baptisms took place during the current year. There were six funerals held with burials taking place in the church cemetery which is located one half a mile west and one half mile south of town.
We have thirty-five active members and a good committee and ladies league. Spiritually and materially our church steadily progresses.