Main Steet 1937
THE WAY WE WERE: Elk Point's Main Street in 1937 consisted of, from left to right, William Andrishak's Store, Windiuk's Shoe Repair Shop, Ole Jacobson's Jewellery Shop, Neil Fenton's Meat Market, Caskey Hotel, C. A. Johnson's Store, Joe Helm's Store, Paul Stepa's Pool Hall and Barber Shop, Reva Morton's Beauty Shop, MacDonald's Drug Store, William Soldan Garage and C. J. Markstad Store on the west side, and on the east side, Markstad's Ford Agencies, Caskey Motors, Post Office (Joe Quinn, F. E. Van Arnam Realty, Joe Mah's Cafe, Hayward's Lumber Company, Boyda Sisters' Beauty Parlor, Imperial Lumber Company. Out of camera range at left is the Alberta Hotel, while out of range at right are Stan Yopyk's Shoe Shop, Pete Manchur's Woodworking Shop and the CNR Railway Station. There were no buildings north of 51 Avenue in 1937. This area was a grain field.