Other Telegraph info
The development of the Telegraph lines
By Marvin Bjornstad
What we know
A telegraph line, called the Dominion Telegraph, went from Fort Battleford to Edmonton before 1885. Some stations were at Frog Lake, and Mooswa (Lindbergh, Tyrol or Riverview). Art Bowtell was the last operator in Mooswa in 1931. The line was discontinued in Elk Point in 1927 because the railway brought its own line.
The old Battleford line was used by FG Miller for some time as a emergency rural phone line. It was purchased in 1922.