The above photo shows Elk Point's first Municipal HospiÂtal, built in 1928. This hospital replaced the downtown hospiÂtal which was privately owned by Dr. F. G. Miller and Dr. A. G. Ross. It was an 18âbed unit heated by steam. Water was drawn from a nearby well.
In 1951, a $180,000 renovaÂtion was completed, adding an additional 25 beds as well as a much improved operating room and a residence for the nursing staff.
Some of the doctors who worked out of this hospital were: Dr. F. G. Miller, Dr. A. G. Ross, Dr. A. Wiegerinek, Dr. K. C. Miller, Dr. E. D. Bauld, Dr. Sam, Dr. Lorne Jonat, and Dr. Charles AnÂderson.
Our present hospital had its official opening on October 8, 1976. The old hospital, which was situated immediately to the south of it, was then deÂmolished to make room for a parking lot. The old hospital served our district from 1928 to 1976, a total of 48 years.
(Photos kindly submitted by Mrs. A. Warren).
DR. F. G. MILLER
DR. K. C. MILLER
DR. A. WIEGERINCK
DR. E. D. BAULD