MAIN STREET, ELK POINT 1948
by Steve Andrishak
THE VIEW DOWN MAIN STREET Looking south from the corner of 50th Avenue, on the left side are: Elk Point Motors, the Post Office, F. E. Van Arnam Insurance Agency, Joe Mah Confectionery and residence, Hayward Lumber Co., Imperial Lumber Co., Kovach's Woodworking Shop and Habiak's Massey Harris agency (not visible). At the far south end is the CNR Station, while coming up the right side, from south to north, are: the Alberta Hotel, M. & O. Fischer General Store, Dan Windiuk's Shoe Shop, Cafe, Yacyna's Secondhand Store, Neil Fenton Confectionery Store, Pioneer Hotel, Elk Point Library, Dominion Bank, Ron Barwick's Clothing Store, Paul Stepa Pool Hall and Barber Shop, Davis 5 Cents to $1 Store, Tredger's Drug Store. Photo by Peter Vaitkunas.